So when I needed a laptop, I knew what I had to pay for and why I had to pay more. Now that will not give you a clear idea of what type of work I wanted my laptop to fit in. So you need to ask yourself. “What do you need your laptop for?” In this write-up, we will look at the three best laptops for students.
Maybe you are a student looking for a high-end laptop with a flexible budget or you’re more into gaming or maybe a productive system for business purposes promising more about the performance is your thing.
Let’s take a look at some scenarios and give you a simple breakdown that will help you select the right laptop for you according to your budget. Certainly not the whole range of laptops available, but great choices for the specific scenarios we mentioned.
Best gaming laptop in India 2021
Dress code: Gamer
Best Laptops: MSI GF63 Thin Core i7 9th Gen
(8 GB/512 GB SSD/Windows 10 Home/4 GB Graphics/NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1650 Max-Q) GF63 Thin 9SCXR-417IN Gaming Laptop)
The device is best for fast-paced and contemporary games. It’s equipped with GTX 1650 Max Q (4 GB of GDDR6 RAM), which delivers rich graphics. As a result, the games run smoothly, without any lag. Also, it comes with the 9th Intel Core i7 processor with a bezel Design exactly like the compact chassis; your gaming sessions will be more exciting and immersive.
Also, its IPS-level panel ensures clarity and contrast from almost any angle. When you can figure out why others like the same, you can put no question mark on the checkout option. People all over different e-commerce websites gave it a 4.5 rating.
This laptop is famous for its processor and people just love how light it weighs. Now Battery backup is good in terms of other gaming laptops. Also, the color accuracy is impressive. MSI Dragon Center will help you to tune the display accordingly.
Why you should buy it?
- Color accuracy is impressive. You can tune the display and other parts of the PC using the MSI Dragon Center.
Why you shouldn’t buy it?
- Battery backup can be said as average. For normal surfing and streaming, it may last 3-4hrs and for gaming, with moderate settings, it will get drained in 1-2 hrs.
- It heats up very quickly.
- Intel Core i7 9th generation powerful processor.
- The high speed which adds up a lot if you are a gamer.
- 15.6 inch Full HD LED Backlit Anti-glare IPS Display.
- The gaming experience is good.
- Still could have worked more on the display.
- It consists of DDR4 type 8GB ram which can be extended to 16GB also if needed.
- You can run games like COD, Assiassins Creed, or any other big game.
- It is having a powerful processor of Nvidia Geforce GTX 1650 Max-Q which increases the quality of game play.
- Can run 824 of the 1000 most demanding games of pc.
- There are 4 ports – 1*USB 3.2 Type C, 3*USB 3.2 Type A.
- The transfer speed of the Type C port is very fast in comparison to Type-A.
Dress code: Business
Best Laptops: Microsoft Surface Pro 7
CPU: 10th gen Intel Core i3/Core i5/Core i7 | GPU: Intel UHD or Iris Pro | RAM: 4GB/8GB/16GB | Storage: 128GB/256GB/512GB/1TB | Display: 12.3-inch, 2736 x 1824-pixel | Size: 11.5 x 7.9 x 0.33 inches | Weight: 1.7-1.74 pounds.
The Surface Pro 7 makes you hit a like button for its outstanding performance in real-world testing. More ways to connect, with both USB-C and USB-A ports for connecting to displays, docking stations as well as accessory charging.
The keyboard is surprisingly good. Though the advertisements say a lot about battery life. Buyers from Flipkart and Amazon have complained about its battery but at the same time informed that it gets charged soon.
People all over different e-commerce websites gave it a 4.4 rating. It’s incredible for so many reasons. The Processor speed is 1.1 GHz. The super-responsive Surface Pen, which makes it easy to draw or take notes on this tablet’s vivid and bright 12.3-inch display.
Why you should buy it?
- The keyboard is impressive and it is as good as a conventional laptop. Remove the keyboard and use it for scribbling or for viewing videos accordingly.
- The display is gorgeous and the touch screen is great you can access it on a two in one laptop, but the performance is very adequate.
Why you shouldn’t buy it?
- The face recognition software is not good.
- Battery life is not so good. But it gets charged soon.
- It consists of Intel core i5 10th generation powerful processor
- This processor at this price is handy.
- 12.3 inch Quad HD LED Backlit PixelSense Display.
- The Surface Pro 7 notched 395 nits of brightness on the light meter, which is better than the average laptop.
- It consists of LPDDR4X type 8GB ram.
- Intel Integrated Iris Plus.
- There are 2 ports – 1*USB Type A, 1*USB Type C.
- USB-A port (handy for legacy peripherals), a headphone jack, a microSD card slot, and a Surface Connect port for juicing up.
Buy Microsoft Surface Pro 7 from Amazon
Dress code: Student
Laptop: Acer Swift 3
CPU: up to Intel Core i7-8565U | Graphics: Nvidia GeForce MX150, Intel HD Graphics 620 or AMD Radeon Vega 8 | RAM: 4GB – 8GB | Screen: 14-inch FHD (1,920 x 1,080) ComfyView IPS – 15.6″ Full HD (1920 x 1080) | Storage: 128GB – 1 TB HDD, 16 GB Intel Octane Memory
The Acer Swift 3 is the best overall laptop for students. Talk about the Storage this Swift 3 comes with a maximum of 1TB PCIe Gen 3×4 SSD and up to 16GB LPDDR4X RAM. With the two narrow bezels and an impressive screen-to-body ratio, you get to see more of the 13.5” 3:2 2256 x 1504 IPS screen or 14” 16:9 FHD IPS screen.
The addition of Acer Color Intelligence and Exa color provides enhanced color contrast. People all over different e-commerce websites gave it a 4.4 rating. Buyers from Amazon and Flipkart feel that the battery life is superb and it last the whole day, while others said.
Fast charging is supported and can fully charge the laptop in under 30-45 minutes. IT was found that the only con buyers specified are the pricing based on the hardware/i/o provided. But overall you can go for this one without any second doubt.
Why do you need to buy it?
- Battery Life is exceptionally good. Fast charging is supported and can fully charge the laptop in under 30-45 minutes
- It hardly takes 5 seconds to boot up (including fingerprint login) due to SSDs.
- The display has a matte finish and the thin bezels help screen look bigger than its actual size. 4k & 8k images are crisp & 4k videos are smooth.
Why you don’t need the product?
- The laptop looks pretty decent though the magnesium alloy-look won’t stun you
- Ubuntu 20.04 doesn’t detect the sound card and also in-built speaker sound is disappointing.
- It consists of Intel core i5 10th generation powerful processor.
- Gives you all the power you need for a full day’s work and entertainment.
- There is a 14 inch Full HD LED Backlit ComfyView IPS Display.
- The Acer Color Intelligence and Exa color will enhance color contrast.
- It consists of DDR4 type 8GB ram.\
- Plenty of memory to play them efficiently
- There is a powerful graphic processor of Nvidia Geforce MX250.
- There are 3 ports – 1*USB 2.0, 1*USB 3.1, 1*USB Type C
- With a full range of connectivity options, quickly connecting too many state-of-the-art devices.
Acer Swift 3, Buy from Amazon
Let’s compare them side by side:
|MSI GF63 Thin Core i7 9th Gen||Microsoft Surface Pro 7||Acer Swift 3|
|Display||15.6 inch Full HD LED Backlit Anti-glare IPS Display||12.3 inch Quad HD LED Backlit PixelSense Display||14 inch Full HD LED Backlit ComfyView IPS Display|
|Screen Resolution||1920*1080 Pixel||2736*1824 Pixel||1920*1080 Pixel|
|Weight||1.86 Kg||775 g||1.19 Kg|
|SSD Capacity||512 GB||128 GB||512 GB|
|Graphic Processor||Nvidia Geforce GTX 1650 Max-Q||Intel Integrated Iris Plus||Nvidia Geforce MX250|
|Processor Name||Core i7||Core i5||Core i5|
|Processor Generation||9th Gen||10th Gen||10th Gen|
|Type||Gaming Laptop||2 in 1 Laptop||Thin and Light Laptop|
|Web Camera||HD 720P Webcam||5MP front, 8MP rear||HD 720P Webcam|
|USB Port||1*USB 3.2 Type C, 3*USB 3.2 Type A||1*USB Type A, 1*USB Type C||1*USB 2.0, 1*USB 3.1, 1*USB Type C|
Value Mantra reviews are based on multiple customer reviews and their experiences. All of the products we highlight are recommended for their quality, performance, and overall reputation regardless of any affiliate relationship. We bring forth their thoughts, ideas, and concerns so that you would understand what is best in the market. This post contains affiliate links for your convenience. We may earn a small commission for the endorsement, recommendation, and links to any products or services from this website.
5 thoughts on “Best Laptops for Students: Gaming & Video Editing”
Engaging and good content
Thanks for such amazing information. It will help user to choose one good laptop and there wont be any confusion.
The way you have described it,will help those confused people to come into a conclusion…. Well done…Amazing article…