Apple or Android? Cheap or premium? Camera megapixel? Screen Type etc. Prices are on rising and choices are more than ever making it’s important to spend your money wisely on a smartphone that will meet your desires.
We are trying to make it an informed decision & help you to by right one. The general first step is to choose an operating system and followed by feature and price considerations based on your needs to find the right model. Read our in-depth but crisp reviews based on thousands of users’ reviews globally on choosing the best of best.
Best Mid Budget Smart Phone: iPhone SE
This is one of the best iPhones Apple has ever made, iPhone SE 2020 offers value for money performance: offering the fastest performance around, very good cameras, wireless charging with enough power for a day, and a premium design that outclasses affordable Android phones, usual great App Store from Apple to swag, a smaller & lighter iPhone. Fall short in terms of Battery life and smaller screen not good for watching movies or serials on go, the headphone jack is a miss, but Bluetooth is the savior here.
Why buy it?
- Want to hold a new iPhone with paying just half of full range.
- You are happy with a small & lightweight handset.
Why not buy it?
- If looking for best pics from an iPhone.
- If looking for long battery life.
- If watch movies while commuting.
A13 Bionic chipset
- Can open apps with good speed equivalent to iPhone 11 Pro at times
- Advance image processing 12MP single sensor
- Good photos for price point, but not meeting expectations
- Video recording is experience is good with high number of options
Design and display
- A very familiar design (iPhone 8)
- Older generation Retina HD display is just fine
- Battery life is just about a day
- Fast and wireless charging can help offset the lower capacity
- No improvements in battery life with A13 chipset
iPhone SE: Buy it from Flipkart
Best Mid Budget Smart Phone – Google Pixel 4A
When you are looking for a neat package of good specifications, a clean interface & software, and a great camera with the ability to capture excellent pictures — the overall experience is worth way more than the asking price. It gives you the best of Google in an affordable, one-hand-friendly package with slick Google Assistant integration.
Why I should buy this?
- Simple & Streamlined software.
- You want an affordable phone that takes great, fuss-free photos.
- A phone that’s easy to use one-handedly.
- Regular, long-running software updates.
Why I shouldn’t buy it?
- You want to do a lot of gaming & video streaming on your phone.
- You want a long-lasting battery.
- Looking for an ultra-wide or telephoto camera.
- 5G connectivity missing.
- Bright, Clear & Responsive 5.81-inch OLED display
- Bezel-less Full HD+ resolution and HDR support
- 12.2MP on rear, 8MP on front cameras
- Superb low-light shots
- Excellent Image processing produces impressive high-quality snaps
- Though it lacks premium feeling but can easily be used one-handed
- Stereo speakers are coupled with headphone jack
- With average usage can survive for 1 full day
- Not supportive for Gaming and video playback as battery drains very fast.
- Wireless charging out of sight, 18w fast charging available
Performance and software
- Snapdragon 730, 6GB of RAM, 128GB of storage
- Clean Google experience with Stock Android 10, along with Google Assistant
Google Pixel 4A Buy it from Amazon
Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra
If you are looking for a complete 5G smartphone with a stellar camera setup, a big screen, high refresh rate, the fabulous S Pen, in-screen fingerprint sensor, super-charge specifications, equipped with a best-in-class display, but at last without looking at your pocket, then this the phone for you.
With Xbox games pass through the power of Microsoft’s xCloud game streaming, the Galaxy Note 20 Ultra can play more than 100 Xbox games. This gameplay gives the Note 20 Ultra an advantage over even the upcoming iPhone 12.
Why I should buy this?
- If you are looking for a complete experience.
- Best in class camera with 5x optical zoom & laser auto focus.
- If you are a fan of S-Pen, it creates standout opportunities for using the phone.
- If you are searching for dynamic screen quality with 120Hz display.
- Has adequate battery life.
- If you are an Xbox gaming fan.
Why you shouldn’t buy it?
- If don’t want to compare value vs price, an ultra-expensive phone.
- Camera bump irritates.
- Slower charging with 25W charger, slower charging then OnePlus 8 pro.
- Curved display proves annoying at times, WQHD+ resolution drops to 1080p with 120Hz enabled.
- Elegant looks with the Mystic Bronze, Mystic Black & Mystic White finishes
- Huge phone coupled with in-screen fingerprint sensor, can’t use with single hand
- WithAdaptive motion smoothness setting turned on, it feels like buttery.
- 120Hz screen refresh rate sets motion straight, creates superb gaming experience.
- WQHD+ resolution drops to 1080p with 120Hz enabled
- Curved display with a small front camera punch hole.
- Impressive Space Zoom camera with 5x optical zoom, the 50x digital zoom is steady up to 20x; but shaky at 50x.
- Super slow-mo videos (960fps) are fun, with a low 720p resolution
- Samsung is known for easiest-to-use feature-packed camera UI
- On paper 4500mAH battery seems to be small for this huge phone, but easily survives for a day.
- Device can be charge up to 50% in 30 mins with a 25-watt charger.
The S Pen now comes with brilliant new features, time sync your notes along with voice recordings, so you can hear what was being said right when you scribbled down. You get a fast 9ms response time and offer a pen-to-paper feel. New S Pen tricks are addictive: You can return to the home screen, take a screenshot, return to a recent app, and more through various gestures.
Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra Buy it from Amazon
OnePlus 8 Pro
A great smartphone but less than the high-end competition, delivers a big and beautiful 120Hz display, fast performance, good camera, and battery life, all of them make a strong case for themselves. Compared to other phones, it isn’t perfect, because none of the phones are perfect. It also sports wireless charging and IP68 water and dust protection.
The OnePlus 8 Pro and the fastest wireless charging ever in a stunning design. 5G could have been better, cameras are also not the best in its class, but the overall package is good, making it easily one of the best Android phones.
Why I should buy it?
- Bright and beautiful 120Hz display, one of the best phone screens.
- Consistently fantastic performance with lovely Oxygen OS.
- 5G phone with plenty of power.
- Reverse & fast wireless charging with long battery life.
- Nice Quad cameras setup.
Why You Shouldn’t buy it?
- Priciest OnePlus till date, not so inexpensive now.
- Smartphone photography experience is not adequate, telephoto and wide cameras are weak.
- Rear camera bump is big.
- Can’t use single handedly, too big to use comfortably.
The OnePlus 8 Pro is having a massive 6.78-inch Fluid AMOLED display with 1440 x 3168 QHD+, 19.8:9, 513ppi, HDR10+ & a 120 Hz refresh rate. It gives it a dense 518 PPI pixel density with a peak brightness rating of 1300 nits.
High refresh rates and video upscaling are great for gaming and video. In contrast to Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra, this one gives you a 120HZ refresh rate even at its max 2K resolution.
- Premium finish looks and feels great, it carries IP68 rating for dust and water resistance.
- Camera bump is uncomfortable & easy to knock without a good case.
4 rear cameras: 48MP Ultra-wide, 48MP main, telephoto, color filter. Good for the low-light photography, but it struggles when it comes to portraits and close-ups in comparison to the competition.
Larger than rivals 4510mAh battery easily lasts a little over a day of regular usage with QHD+ and 120 Hz on. Also, fast wired and wireless charging can charge up the phone from 0 to 100 percent in about one hour, just 15 mins of charging will charge the phone up to 30 percent.
Performance and software
Packed with Qualcomm Snapdragon 865 chip & paired with LPDDR5 RAM makes it a smooth affair. It also boosts memory speeds by 30% while lowering power consumption by 20%. Dolby Atmos stereo speakers, Wi-Fi 6, and Bluetooth 5.1 combined with a power RAM booster accelerates gaming experience, enhances connectivity, and enough to run any app.
Buy it from Amazon:
Buy Oneplus 8 Pro from Amazon: 12GB RAM+256GB Storage
Buy Oneplus 8 Pro from Amazon: 8GB RAM+128GB Storage
Value Mantra reviews are based on multiple customer reviews and their experiences. All of the products we highlight are recommended for their quality, performance, and overall reputation regardless of any affiliate relationship. We bring forth their thoughts, ideas, and concerns so that you would understand what is best in the market. This post contains affiliate links for your convenience. We may earn a small commission for the endorsement, recommendation, and links to any products or services from this website.