Dusting and cleaning our home, garage or even our workplace can be very difficult if you don’t have a vacuum cleaner. There are certain aspects that you should understand before buying a vacuum cleaner.
Factors influencing the purchase of a Vacuum Cleaner:
Firstly, you have to think about whether you need a portable vacuum cleaner or not. Portable vacuum cleaners are usually recommended by many users and experts due to their ease of use and maneuverability. Vacuum cleaners take up quite some space for their storage. Ensure that you have enough space for a vacuum cleaner in your house or garage.
Next up is the vacuum cleaner type. If you’re going through this review then you surely are interested in wet and dry ones but yet there are other factors too. Vacuum cleaner motor influences suction capabilities. At least a 1000 Watt motor is required for a good vacuum cleaner. The capacity of vacuum cleaners and accessories are two other deciding factors.
We come to the next deciding and most important one, PRICE! Usually, medium-range vacuum cleaner ranges from ₹5000-₹7500 in price while the premium ones can range from ₹15000-₹20000 while some may cost even more! Though some inexpensive and quality models do come around ₹3000-₹5000 too!
Another influential factor should be its usability. If you have OCD or people call you a cleanliness geek then go for the one with high power and durability. Also, remember to choose the right accessories. For the people who are kinda once, a while users can order a smaller and inexpensive model.
Here we are going to mention three vacuum cleaners with their specs. Starting with Premium, All-rounder, and then the most affordable one. The best part of these vacuum cleaners is that they are quite different and unique. These vacuum cleaners have an edge over the other lot of vacuum cleaners. These vacuum cleaners are VALUE FOR MONEY!
Affordable bluetooth headset in India 2021
Important Factors & Parameters of a Vacuum Cleaner:
Before buying a vacuum cleaner you need to understand different factors and parameters like :
- Quality and Durability
- Motor wattage and Suction Power
- Material used
- Hose and Power cord length
- Noise and vibration
- Design and Portability (weight)
Karcher Wet and Dry Vacuum Cleaner
Karcher’s WD 5 model is a durable and high-quality multi-purpose vacuum cleaner. It comes with a flat pleated filter inside a filter box and has a unique filter removal technology and filter cleaning function in which the dirty filter can be efficiently cleaned with just a click of the filter cleaning button. It is very handy as it quickly restores the suction power.
The best part is that the filter can be very conveniently replaced without any contact with dirt, by simply folding out the box. A vacuum cleaner can be used without replacing the filter irrespective of dry or wet usage. It has high suction power and is enhanced with the combination of the suction hose and switchable floor nozzle.
1) 3-in-1 carrying and removable handle with electrostatic protection (Useful for fine dust).
2) Comes with a parking position.
3) Comes with a blower function. (Useful where vacuuming is not possible).
4) Has an accessory storage.
Note:- You can also buy Karcher WD5 Premium which comes with a stainless steel body. It will cost an extra ₹1000.
- Hose Pipe
- Extension Tubes
- Crevice Nozzle
- Floor Tool
Q: What extra benefits do we get over Karcher’s MV4 AND MV3?
A: Better portability, higher (25 litres) tank capacity, higher suction performance, and unique filter removal technology with filter cleaning function.
Note:- MV3 has a blower but MV4 doesn’t have a blower.
1. Karcher being a German company provides higher quality, performance, and life. MV5 is designed in Germany and made in Italy, it thus has a superior quality as compared to other vacuum cleaners.
2. Karcher has service centers in all the major cities of India.
3. High suction power ensures that this vacuum cleaner removes all the dirt.
4. Performs well in both wet and dry mode.
5. Has a practical blower function to quickly remove leaves, hairs, and debris. Useful for areas that are hard to reach.
6. Air removes dirt from the filter to the container at the push of a button.
7. Easy to use and clean even for the new users.
8. It comes with a durable and quality fleece bag.
1. It doesn’t have a HEPA filter which is usually expected in this price range.
2. Comes with comparatively fewer accessories which the customer has to buy according to his requirements.
3. Vacuum cleaner makes a very loud and unpleasant noise. Earplugs are recommended.
4. Maneuverability can be an issue due to its weight.
Inalsa Wet and Dry Vacuum Cleaner
It is Amazon’s bestseller and one of the most affordable wet and dry vacuum cleaners. It comes with Safe Buoy Technology which stops sucking water when its capacity reaches a specified critical point. It helps in the protection of the 1000W motor and ensures its long life. It has a good capacity of 10 litres.
This vacuum cleaner has almost 7 metres of operating range which can come quite handy while vacuuming. It also has a ‘Push and Pull Locking System’ for removing dirt and cleaning filters effectively. It is made up of an impact-resistant polymer tank which improves its durability.
3 Extension Tubes (0.3 metres each), 1 Hose Pipe, 1 Floor Cum Carpet Brush, 1 Dry/Wet Squeezing Brush, 1 Crevice Nozzle, 1 Small Round Brush, 1 Cloth Filter, 1 Sponge Filter, and 1 Carry Handle.
Q: Can attachments be rotated?
A: Yes, the attachments can be rotated and it comes very handy in cleaning.
Q: When should one use a sponge filter?
A: A sponge filter should be used while wet vacuuming. Firstly, remove the cloth dust filter and then use the sponge filter.
1. At the given price, it has one of the best suction powers and all credit to the 1000W powerful motor.
2. It is easy to carry owing to its 4 kg weight. It also comes with a carry handle which makes it super easy to carry. It also has four 360° rotating wheels which enable it to move even more flexibly.
3. It is easy to store and occupies much less space.
4. It has a large number of accessories.
5. It has a blower function to quickly remove debris. Useful for areas that are hard to reach.
Note:- For effective blowing results, do not use any filter in a vacuum cleaner.
6. Attachments can be rotated while vacuuming which aids cleaning.
7. It is rated as 75 Decibels which is low for the given price range. Even though it is still loud compared to other vacuum cleaners it makes less cacophony.
1. Inalsa’s Vacuum cleaner has multiple issues of leakage which hampers its performance and life.
2. Wet vacuuming with this device is not user-friendly.
3. Inalsa doesn’t provide good customer care and services.
American Micronic Wet and Dry Vacuum Cleaner
The vacuum cleaner comes with 21 litres capacity and a very useful HEPA filter. It is a Stainless Steel vacuum cleaner and an excellent device in terms of durability and reliability. Its strong suction capabilities ensure the removal of dry and wet dirt with equal ease. It comes with an overheating protection mechanism for the motor. You can very easily and quickly remove dirt, hairs, tough stains, leaves, and debris with a very effective blower function.
5 Feet Flexible Hose Pipe, 2 x 1.5 Feet Extension pipes, Floor-cum-carpet brush, Wet brush with two separate mouths, Upholstery nozzle, Crevice Nozzle, Washable dust bag.
Q: Is this vacuum cleaner shockproof?
A: Yes, this vacuum cleaner is 100% shockproof, but the user has to ensure proper earthing else there are slight chances of electric shock as it is made up of stainless steel body. But even with no earthing, electric shock is not observed.
Q: What about the static charge? Is it harmful or not?
A: The static charge occurs very rarely. It happens when the dust is rubbed very strongly. It’s not a strong electric jolt and is potentially harmless.
Note:- Still have concerns over the shock and electric current? Then buy American Micronic vacuum cleaner with a plastic body. It almost has the same functions and specifications and is relatively cheaper.
1. HEPA filter that captures small particles that cause allergens.
2. It comes with a 100% Copper motor which increases its life, and improves durability and suction power.
3. The reusable and washable dust bag of 2 litre capacity along with the blower function are very handy. Non-woven fabric of the bag and strong blower function lets you easily clean off dirt, debris, hairs and tough stains.
4. It also has 5 metre long cord with additional accesories of extension pipes and hose pipe which is useful in reaching out for cleaning cobwebs and ceilings.
5. Comes with big wheels and a handle which aid the portability.
1. It produces loud noise. Earplugs are recommended.
Now, let’s compare them side by side:
|Vacuum Brand and model number||Karcher WD 5 1100-Watt Wet and Dry Vacuum Cleaner||Inalsa Vacuum Cleaner Wet and Dry Micro WD10-1000W with 3-in-1 Multifunction||American MICRONIC AMI-VCD21-1600WDx- 21 Litre|
|Material||Plastic (SS variant available)||Plastic||Stainless Steel (Plastic variant available)|
|Dimensions (cm)||38 x 42 x 62.5||44.0 × 30.5 × 30.5||57.6 x 38.1 x 40.6|
|Hose length||3 meter||1.8 meter||5 feet|
|Power Cord Length (meter)||5||4||5|
|Color||Yellow and Black||Yellow and Black||Red, Steel and Black|
Value Mantra reviews are based on multiple customer reviews and their experiences. All of the products we highlight are recommended for their quality, performance, and overall reputation regardless of any affiliate relationship. We bring forth their thoughts, ideas, and concerns so that you would understand what is best in the market. This post contains affiliate links for your convenience. We may earn a small commission for the endorsement, recommendation, and links to any products or services from this website.